- @PlanktonCounter @bradplumer ah, that good book ;) so we should bring back the noachian? 1 day ago
- @RichardMcLellan truth! Should've called it the anthrozoic 1 day ago
- @bradplumer @PlanktonCounter which book? 1 day ago
- a question to ponder for the weekend: how old is the Anthropocene? scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id… 1 day ago
- @steveashleyplus do tell do tell! 1 day ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As you may know, I’m writing a book. It’s on the Anthropocene. As befits any book project, I’m staking out a website. Stay tuned!
“As in all things, the bacteria got there first. One tiny cell built inside of itself a new pigment, a brilliant green thanks to its ability to absorb only certain colors in the light of a younger, weaker Sun. The … Continue reading
Not much. What Does Winter Weather Reveal about Global Warming? Snowpocalyspe. Snowmaggedon. The brrrrizzard of 2010. And other moments in this year’s environmental history: The Earth in 2010 Did I mention there was a tornado in Brooklyn this year too?
The world descended on Copenhagen these past two weeks—and ordinary Danes don’t like it. Beyond the snarled traffic and foreigners gazing mutely into their palms to try to figure out what coins are worth, there’s all the protesters disrupting orderly … Continue reading
Or at least Earth journalism. That’s right, I’m up for an Earth Journalism Award in Copenhagen this December, but I need your help to win. (a) You can go to the Earth Journalism Awards site and vote for me directly. … Continue reading