- the gas "weapon" & ukraine scientificamerican.com/article/can-us… 28 minutes ago
- RT @tedolsen: Byliner's collection of Matthew Power's articles: byliner.com/matthew-power RIP 20 hours ago
- RT @Harpers: RIP Matthew Power: a former intern, a contributing editor, and one of our favorite human beings. His work for us: http://t.co/… 20 hours ago
- g*d d*mn it. mensjournal.com/adventure/coll… 20 hours ago
- say it ain't so... MT @theatavist: our friend Matthew Power has passed away. An incredible talent & an inspiration to us all. 20 hours ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As you may know, I’m writing a book. It’s on the Anthropocene. As befits any book project, I’m staking out a website. Stay tuned!
“As in all things, the bacteria got there first. One tiny cell built inside of itself a new pigment, a brilliant green thanks to its ability to absorb only certain colors in the light of a younger, weaker Sun. The … Continue reading
Not much. What Does Winter Weather Reveal about Global Warming? Snowpocalyspe. Snowmaggedon. The brrrrizzard of 2010. And other moments in this year’s environmental history: The Earth in 2010 Did I mention there was a tornado in Brooklyn this year too?
The world descended on Copenhagen these past two weeks—and ordinary Danes don’t like it. Beyond the snarled traffic and foreigners gazing mutely into their palms to try to figure out what coins are worth, there’s all the protesters disrupting orderly … Continue reading
Or at least Earth journalism. That’s right, I’m up for an Earth Journalism Award in Copenhagen this December, but I need your help to win. (a) You can go to the Earth Journalism Awards site and vote for me directly. … Continue reading